Wednesday, July 29, 2009

DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

Renee: Our last day of our 67 hours of boot camp started with all of the finalist visiting major theme parks in Orlando. Nabavi and I along with Melissa & April, and Kyle & Trina visited Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Boy - o - Boy did I have a blast!

First of all, the park is set up to have a Hollywood movie theme to it. So everywhere you’re going to see movie reels, director’s chairs and cameras. It’s very lights...camera…actionish. And speaking of ACTION!!! The first ride we rode was the infamous Tower of Terror. I love how the ride is designed to look like an old hotel. From the antique furniture to the Disney employees dressed like bell hops. What I found impressive is that they stayed in character no matter what. They had creepy ghost – like voices and to be honest, it gave off a frightening vibe…like you were walking into something that you think you might regret. Nabavi asked one of them if the room where we were walking into was where the actual ride was. He said “Of course not sir…it’s the library.” in an English accent and dreary look. Let it go on record that Nabavi screamed like a little girl on the Tower Of Terror. Lol….I mean high pitched Mariah Carey screams people. HA HA HA!!!

Another thrilling ride at Hollywood Adventure is Rockin’ Roller Coaster. I have only three letters for you O M G!!! Hands down Rockin’ Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios is one of the BEST rides I’ve ridden in my life!! It’s an indoor roller coaster that plays music by Aerosmith and all you can do scream out the lyrics to the song as your speeding through loops, turns and spins. WHAT A THRILL!! Trust me people…it’s worth the wait! Checkout Bavi, Trina, Kyle and me in our pics! Too funny!!!










Since we only had about four hours to explore Hollywood Studios, we had to strategize which rides we were going to ride at what time. Our fast passes really helped us to get the most out of our limited time. I recommend that everyone that goes to Hollywood Studios - or Disney for that matter – use the fast pass feature. All you have to do is put your fast pass into a machine when you get to the ride and you get a printed our “return time” for you to come back to the ride. When you come back in between the assigned time you’re allowed to go to the front of the line! Pretty cool right?

As some of you may know, Bavi and I love to compete against each other. So when we saw there was a new ride at Hollywood Studios which allows you to play against each other, we had to try it out. Pixar’s Toy Story Mania is a 3D ride were you shoot at a screen that’s obviously Toy Story themed with the characters of the movie. (One of my favorite movies by the way).


First I wanna tell you about the line to get on this ride. It's like you just walked into a toy chest! The way Disney designs their waiting line areas is really extraordinary. It's not like they have two posters and a statue for you to look at as you wait. They create elaborate designs based on the themes of the rides which in turn doesn’t make the wait seem as long. I’m so glad we had a chance to speak with some people while we waited on this line. We were able to get a realistic experience of the typical tourist. It also gave us a chance to meet vacationers and get the word out about other attractions that Orlando has to offer. They appreciated the helpful info we shared about All Star Vacation Homes & the Pirates Adventure Dinner.

In the waiting area there was an oversized talking Mr. Potato Head telling jokes to everyone. Mr. Potato Head actually spoke to people in the crowd. He would say “Hey you in the blue shirt.” Lol… I couldn’t make up my mind if it’s someone back there operating him of if it’s some hi-tech machine that recognizes colors & patterns on clothing. Really cool! In a nut shell this ride was right up our alley. And of course I beat Nabavi in the game and boy oh boy did I let him have it! As soon as we got out of the ride, I sang the entire “We are the Champions” song as I if I was on Broadway!

Some other really cool facts about Hollywood Studios are the creative set ups. Two that stuck out to me were the Coca-Cola stand and the New York City Street area. The Coke stand looks like a six pack of cokes and guess what it does? One of the coke bottles sprays out a light mist like when you open up a bottle. I thought that was very creative! And the New York City street area looks soooooo real! But in all actuality it’s a big wall that looks like it’s two dimensional. For lunch we ate the ABC Commissary. Everything is ABC show themed. They have LOST fish sticks guys!! I’m sorry but I love ABC shows! I’m a big fan of LOST, Dancing With the Stars, Grays Anatomy, and yes….GENERAL HOSPITAL & ALL MY CHILDREN. And I’m proud of it. Let’s hear it for my soap fans!!! Wooo!!!!!

I ran into the middle of a High School Musical Show! I tell you…when I say these dancers didn’t miss a beat, I mean they were so in sync it looked like something from Broadway!!! I really take my hat off to those performers giving it their all in that hot weather while dancing AND singing! Way to go!!



No comments:

Post a Comment